Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |
[This is a direct transcription from the video please excuse any typing errors.]
Hi I’m Nicky Coffin and welcome back to our Recruitment Manager Training Tips.
If you want to know the difference between a top performing business or team and a mediocre one, look to the manager and you’ll find something interesting. They think differently and they act differently. Top performing managers seem to have a mindset that just breathes success. Sometimes it all appears to be so effortless, even when things are going wrong they end up coming out on top.
Are some people just naturally successful or do we all have it in us?
I believe that success has far less to do with who and what we are and far more to do with how we think. A shift in mindset and opening our perspectives on how we approach things can make all the difference in the world.
These top performing beliefs and mindsets may not be true to everyone, but if you just open your mind up to the possibility that there could be another approach, you may be surprised at the results you get. Imagine if no matter what life throws at you and no matter what challenges you have to overcome, you could face them calmly and confidently knowing that there is solution. Wouldn’t that be a far less stressful way to live?
Seven ways top performing managers think differently:
1. Live at cause – this means a life of no excuses, no shifting blame to someone or something else. Instead you take responsibility for your own life, knowing that you can chose how you react to a situation, so if its something that you don’t like, then just chose a way to react to it so that it’s more useful for you.
2. Leave your ego at the door – As much as we’d like it to be, building a successful business is not always about us, it’s about your team. When we start to have an outward perspective instead of thinking about what’s in it for you, you tend to build better relationships and find it easier to interact with others. People are more receptive because they appreciate your genuine interest in them rather than focusing on what’s for your own benefit.
3. Be the change you want to see – This famous saying by Ghandi is so true. So many people want change, but they don’t want to have to change themselves. Sitting back expecting others to change will not inspire your team. If you want things to be different then the initiative needs to start with you.
4. Treat your team like they were clients – This is a really powerful mindset, when I learnt and really grasped this everything changed in my business.
- Would you cancel a meeting at late notice with a client? I doubt it… yet you would for one of your team…
- Would you take time to listen and understand what a client wanted if they had a problem or you wanted to help them? Absolutely.
- Would you get back to your clients quickly and patiently?
Well all these things and more are what you should be doing for your team. If ever you are in doubt about how to deal with a team situation, ask yourself what would I do if this were a client…then take that action. Bottom line here is that now your team are actually your clients – your success and salary is dependent on how they perform….
5. The next mindset is there’s no failure just feedback – Encouragement achieves far more than criticism, especially when it comes from a manager. Just because someone doesn’t succeed at something doesn’t mean they have failed, it just means they haven’t been successful – yet! Choosing to look at the situation as feedback means that we can continually learn from our experiences rather than getting discouraged by set-backs.
6. The next one is people have all the resources they need to make the changes they want – We all have untapped abilities to achieve and learn new things. There are no unresourceful people, just unresourceful states of mind. If we are feeling negative it doesn’t mean we are incapable, we simply have to change our mindset.
7. Finally the last mindset of top performing leaders is that If something is possible, then it’s probably possible for me – There are very few limits on what people can learn. Just because you don’t know of a solution, doesn’t mean there isn’t one. It’s simply a matter of figuring it out – and knowing it’s possible.
That is our recruitment manager training tip for today and if you would like to know 9 specific strategies to enable your team to bill more then sign up to my new free training webinar – The 9 Keys To Get Your Team To Bill Multiple 6 Figures This Year And Beyond. I’ll be showing you the specific strategies and techniques to get increased performance fast and here’s our link to sign up.
I look forward to seeing you next time!
P.S. I go into the whole arena of motivating billing teams in our Billing Manager programme. We open for registration 3 times a year. If you want to find out more call our office on 0845 319 4848.