Stirling Personal Assistant/Membership Co-Ordinator to Busy Entrepreneur
Reports to: CEO
25 Hours per week – Working from home and also from entrepreneur’s home office
Summary of Position:
The Personal Assistant/Membership Co-ordinator is the “right hand person” for a busy entrepreneur. You will play a key role in supporting her and ensuring the smooth running of their business so she can get on and do what she does best.
We’ve had a brilliant lady working with us for 7 years who is joining her husband in his new business which is why this role has opened up. Someone is needed to sort things out, get things organised, look after our key clients and provide a calming balance in what is sometimes a sea of chaos, and provide business PA & Customer Care duties. Is this YOU?
You must be willing to perform any task or duty that helps the employer get through life easier and more organized. You are someone who is willing to run errands but also has the intellect to understand what you need to do to support the entrepreneur to ensure the smooth running of her business. You must be multi-talented and willing to perform a wide variety of duties because you are the right-hand assistant to her and will be relied on to perform a number of responsibilities.
This is a role (and a business) that will continually evolve so flexibility is key, as is a ‘can do’ approach to life and business.
The entrepreneur travels regularly across multiple time zones and has an ever-changing agenda, so you may need to be ‘on call’ during periods of travel to provide support as needed (eg rescheduling flights) during these times.
Specific Duties for the PA part:
- Managing the entrepreneurs diary effectively to balance between work, family and personal interests
Proactively manage personal and business appointments weekly to ensure information accurate, phone numbers,
addresses and directions are complete
- Researching and booking flights and accommodations for business and personal travel
- Ability to check phone lines & emails at least 3 times per day (morning, mid-day and late afternoon)
- Commitment to Weekly Team Connection meeting
- Available for a weekly check in with entrepreneur, as needed, to discuss upcoming priorities,
calendar, travel and other needs
Specific Duties for the Membership Co-Ordinator part:
Be “the face” of Centred Excellence’s clients who are part of our membership programmes – always ensuring that each person feels as though they are VIPs.
- Manage communication for members which includes writing special announcements and answering member questio
- Coordinating all elements related to the fulfillment of the programmes including new member on-boarding, orientation and delivery
- Keeping track of members due for renewal and ensuring an excellent customer experience
- Live Event Coordination – booking and negotiating suitable venues and managing the logistics to ensure the events run smoothly
- Managing payments – ensuring member payments are invoiced accurately and up to dat
- Sales co-ordination and tracking – ensuring that potential new members are connected with the sales team and monitoring sales team results for all programmes
- Must have internet access – a computer will be provide
- Can work from your own home office and also there will be times that you will be required to work from the entrepreneur’s home office in Stirling
- Must have your own car for running errands
- Must live within 40 minutes drive of Stirling, Scotland
- Short-listed candidates with be subject to security background checks
Ideal Person for this Position:
- Be able to think “ahead of the game” and anticipate the needs of a busy working mum who is juggling a wide variety of responsibilities.
- Maintain a supportive and organized work environment for the MD with a view to minimizing interruptions.
- Have a problem solving and ‘take ownership’ attitude.
- Someone diligent and trustworthy who will hit the ground running and quickly grasp how best you can support a busy entrepreneur with an ever changing schedule.
- Proactive, able to manage a busy boss so that you get the information you need to move forward with projects and can avoid ‘bottlenecks’
- Have a passion for being organised and ensuring that everything is done to the highest possible standard with the greatest amount of care. Excellent proactive, attention to detail and follow through.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently without constant supervision and direction
- Excellent time and self management skills
- Have a sense of humour about misunderstandings and able to learn from mistakes rather than take things personally.
- You will need to be flexible, self sufficient and discreet. You must be willing to perform a variety of duties to best support the entrepreneur, one minute you might be planning travel for an international trip, the next you might be speaking with one of our key clients or waiting in line to collect a delivery at the post office.
- You will need to be numerate, IT literate, very organised, well informed with lots of initiative and excellent communication skills.
- If you are able to work on your own and also as a member of a small team, enjoy a varied day and want the satisfaction of knowing that your support is essential to help your boss perform at her best this could be perfect for you. This role will suit somebody that is organized, motivated with a tendency to over deliver and wants an opportunity to be involved in a business that changes people’s lives for the better.
- You should have proven experience of Executive PA work strong multi-tasking ability and attention to detail is key.
- Understands the mindset of running a business, cost control and planning the best use of your time to be cost effective and efficient.
- Confidence to make suggestions on how to improve systems, save on costs and increase productivity / efficiency within the role / business.
- Your role will involve being in the entrepreneur’s home and having access to private and confidential matters, so it is essential that you are respectful of the home and family environment and can act with discretion at all times.
- You have an interest in personal development, training courses, coaching and assisting the growth and development of others.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years experience as a personal assistant
- Proven ability to manage a CEO
- Experience of working within a small business and in a self employed role
- Experience of liaising with VIPs and high profile clients
Experience using the following:
- Skype video calling
- Google calendar for diary management
- Apple Mac computers and iphones
- Online Banking and financial management tools such as Money Dashboard
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Online travel search engines such as Skyscanner.net
Ideal Soft Skills:
- Very supportive
- Open to personal/spiritual development
- Emotionally mature
- Able to handle high stress environments
- Willingness to do whatever it takes
- Positive, drama-free attitude and enjoys being a part of a high-functioning, fun virtual team environment.
- Flexibility and availability to work extra hours when required
How to Apply:
Upload a video to Youtube and answer the following questions:
- What are the 3 key skills you possess that make you ideal person for this role?
- What’s one thing you’re really excited about?
- What is unique about you?
- What was your favourite job & why?
- What is the 1 book you’ve recommended to multiple people and why?
Once your video has been uploaded to Youtube, please send the link to email@example.com
The deadline for submitting your video is Thursday 1st June 2017
Successful applicants will be contacted by email for the 2nd stage of the selection process.
We look forward to receiving your video!