FREE BUSINESS HEALTHCHECK:
Do you have a business that's fit to scale? Discover your score and how you stack up.
Get To Know The Team
Nicky Coffin founded Centred Excellence in 2009 and Katy joined as Nicky’s business partner in 2016. By combining their knowledge, expertise and 35+ years experience of building 7 and 8 figure recruitment businesses, Katy and Nicky make a great time. The balance of Nicky’s coaching approach and Katie’s: direct, ‘do this’ approach really works well together.
Nicky is founder and MD of Centred Excellence. A visionary, business leader and entrepreneur, Nicky has over 18 years experience as a highly regarded mentor, consultant, strategic planner and coach to entrepreneurial individuals and groups.
Working with specialist recruitment companies in the UK, Europe and Ireland, Nicky helps Recruitment Business Owners and Senior Managers to get significant shifts in their results (50% - 250% increase with most companies within 6 – 12 months) through strategic coaching, leadership and management training and performance coaching.
Nicky is also skilled Master Practitioner in NLP (Neurolinguistic Programming) and psychotherapist and works with clients to affect personal change that significantly increases their impact, results and motivation.
Throughout her career, as well as being an ex-international rugby player, Nicky has managed and grown large recruitment teams as well as remaining heavily involved in hands-on recruiting both contingency & executive search. Nicky has first hand experience of exactly what it’s like and how demanding it is to build and scale a recruitment business from scratch.
Katy joined Nicky as her business partner in 2016, bringing a wealth of experience, a proven track record and significant knowledge of growing an 8 figure recruitment business and team.
With over 15 years’ experience of consistently delivering exceptional results in the recruitment sector, Katy worked her way from a consultant to MD of Aspire Digital Recruitment.
Recruiting is Katy’s passion and life. Unlike many of her colleagues she chose recruitment as her career and got her first placement whilst back packing round Asia! Amongst the scope of credentials in her armour she has:
- Lived and learned through 2 recessions and gained the answers to weather any storm
- Launched into multiple new sectors and built number one brands in their field
- Managed outsourced solutions and alternative recruitment offerings outside of contingency and retained
- Have expertise in both contract and perm recruitment solutions
- Developed teams of highly successful managers from billing consultants
- Cultivated outstanding billing teams in 13 different sectors
- Managed an operation of 70 fee earners and a multi million turnover
- Have International recruitment expertise
Katy’s purpose is three fold:
- To assist recruitment organisations to achieve significant and consistent financial growth.
- To be the conduit between a business and the success of their people: I enable all my clients to amplify their best traits.
- To help companies acquire and develop innovative new skills and improve their billing capability, which consequently expands their competence to master complex recruitment growth challenges.
Katy lives a balanced life, helped in part by her obsession with learning and development (Katy is also a master-practitioner of N.L.P.) and her mastery (ongoing!) of Yoga.