Helping Billing Manager Emma to Get Consistent Team And Personal Performance
Team Leader, White Label Recruitment
White Label Recruitment was founded in 2009 by Louise McMullan and specialises in supplying technical engineers into the engineering and manufacturing sectors on both a; permanent and contract basis.
While Louise had a vision for the business which had grown steadily, it was clear that not all the team were aligned behind the company vision and values. Consequently there were inconsistencies in the brand and the business had challenges recruiting for internal staff.
Emma Crayfourd joined White Label Recruitment in 2012, as a senior contract specialist and then progressed to a team leader role; managing two consultants. Emma had worked in recruitment for over six years and yet had received no formal management training. As a result Emma was struggling with specifically how she could maintain her own billings and commission whilst investing time in managing two team members.
Daily and weekly meetings with team members didn’t seem to be delivering the desired results and Emma began to question how she could continue to be a high biller and manage people without ‘living’ at work.
Louise and Emma were introduced to Nicky Coffin by another recruitment colleague and have subsequently both participated in the Become a Great Recruitment Manager programme.
- Align company vision and values that communicate company brand.
- Build a platform of Team Leaders that allow Louise to step back and focus purely on strategic issues.
- Create a recruitment process that’s based on facts and not ‘gut’.
- Maintain billings whilst managing and developing a team.
- Invest time effectively to do the job within sensible working hours.
- Stopped telling team what to do and started coaching them
- Empowered team to act on own ideas
- Changed internal hiring process, using ‘values’ and behavioural analysis
- Using KPI’s and performance ratios to deal with under performance
- Tripled her own billings
- Business revenue doubled over the last year
- Training sessions now structured, behaviour changes as a result
- Effectively balancing managing and own billings, working smartly and enjoying life!